What is WRAP?
WRAP® stands for Wellness Recovery Action Plan™. WRAP is a simple, structured, self-management tool developed in the United States by Mary Ellen Copeland and a group of like-minded people who were looking for a better way to manage their mental health.
WRAP provides people with a framework to explore what they can do to maintain their wellbeing. This means looking at the things we do to take care of ourselves, as well as the things that can make looking after ourselves difficult.
Your WRAP is unique to you – you are the expert on yourself. WRAP is a way of planning for all aspects of life and can help you to feel more in control.
WRAP is for:
- Anyone who wants to create positive change in the way they feel or increase their enjoyment in life
- Anyone who is looking for ways to better manage their wellbeing and look after their health
What makes up a WRAP?
- As Advanced Level WRAP Facilitators we understand and support these Values and Ethics
- Find out more about the recovery concepts that underpin WRAP.
- A WRAP is made up of the Wellness Toolbox and six sections of WRAP – find out more about WRAP in detail.
To find out more about the work of Mary Ellen Copeland and the Copeland Center, follow the useful links on the right of this page.